The Art Basel Trip will take place on December 2, 2016. Payment is due in the SA+AH office (FAC 101) between Nov. 1-4. The cost is $70 and exact payment, CASH ONLY, is required.
IT’S A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE POLICY. Make your payment to reserve your seat on the bus. NO REFUNDS.
Payments go to OICENTH in FAC 101 between 9am. – noon and 1pm – 5pm daily 11/1 – 11/4.
For more information: Email Richard Heipp: email@example.com, Bob Mueller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Basel Website: http://www.artbaselmiamibeach.com/
The School of Art and Art History is chartering a 47 passenger Motorcoach for students and faculty on Friday, December 2nd to Art Basel in Miami. This is a ONE DAY trip. The bus will depart UF at 6:00AM Friday morning and return very early at 1am Saturday morning. The coach will arrive in Miami and visit the Wynwood Arts district to visit 4 museum collections. From there we go on to South Beach where you can visit the Pulse (or Scope) Art Fair and the Convention Center. Important: We must have a minimum of 35 students participating in order to make the trip feasible.
ITINERARY (subject to change)
- Depart UF at 6:00AM (Pick-UP is behind FAD & the University Gallery on STADIUM RD at 5:30AM)
- Arrive in Miami – Wynwood 11AM – Noon to visit the following venues.
- Perez Art Museum Admission: $12 students $ 16 non-students
Margulies Collection (Wynwood) Admission: Free with student ID & faculty ID
Rubell Collection (Wynwood) Admission: Free with student ID & faculty ID
De La Cruz Collection (Wynwood) Admission: Free with student ID & faculty ID
- Pulse Miami (Satellite Fair just south of Wynwood) Admission: $15
The Convention Center: Admission: $34 Students $55 Adults
We board the coach and depart Miami, 8PM (departure time could change).
- * IMPORTANT: MAKE CERTAIN YOU HAVE YOUR STUDENT OR FACULTY GATOR ID CARD
- Comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen, pillow, water bottle with screw-top, small shoulder bag or fanny pack, personal music or video player with ear buds
- What’s not allowed on the bus: Sodas and water containers that do not have a
- “screw-top” lid. No pizza, ice cream, unshelled nuts, gum etc.
BUS COST AND MISC EXPENSES
- Maximum Motorcoach fee is: $70
- You are responsible for lunch and any additional food and drink.
- Make sure you have cash on hand and your student ID for any entrance fees or misc. expenses.
- The estimated admission costs are listed above in the itinerary.